The Senior Administrative Assistant provides support to the SVP and VPs and is critical to smooth executive operations. The individual is a member of the administrative assistant's team and works collaboratively with peers to ensure smooth operations of the department. Under general supervision, the Senior Administrative Assistant performs secretarial and various staff duties for the Senior Vice President/ Chief Operating Officer, the Vice President of Operations and the CR Regional VP/Medical Director. The Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day operations of their office areas and proactively anticipates the needs of the Administrators and their direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* The associate is aware of hospital and department compliance for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of department or hospital administrative staff. * Purposefully conducts all aspects of the job in an ethical manner in support of the hospital's commitment to ethical behavior in all areas of personal and professional activity. * Receives and makes proper disposition of telephone calls, visitors, and incoming mail. Responds to complaints with referral to the proper individual(s). * Provides liaison between the Senior Vice President, Vice Presidents, VP Medical Director, Department leaders, public and private officials and the general public. * Responds to inquiries concerning hospital policies and otherwise represents the Senior Vice President, VP Medical Director and Vice President. In this role, presents a calm, professional manner and displays a strong customer service perspective. Knows internal and UnityPoint resources and ensure that customers are referred appropriately in the absence of the SVP, VP or VP Medical Director. * Maintains the Senior Vice President's, Vice President's and VP Medical Director's calendar. Anticipates calendar conflicts and proactively prioritizes and solves for competing needs. Coordinates itineraries and makes all necessary business and travel arrangements. Schedules appointments and meetings as indicated, including any necessary AV or catering needs. * Establishes, maintains, and revises designated filing, record keeping, and clerical systems within the Senior Vice President's and Vice President's office area. Maintains up to date file of the hospital Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual, and of all documentation in conjunction with the Regional Provider Council (RPC), Site Lead, Strengthen the Core (STC) and Partnership with Associates (PWA). * Attends meetings as assigned, recording minutes and action items. Distributes information to committee members as appropriate, and maintains attendance logs and organizational charts. * Compiles materials for special projects, reports, inquiries, and replies to correspondence. Has responsibility for special projects associated with the Leadership Development Institute, Management Group and the dual Leadership Group and Leadership Group Population Health and Physician Onboarding. * Attends Board and other designated committee meetings as assigned/directed. Prepares agendas and composes meeting minutes as appropriate. Distributes information to committee members as appropriate. * Serves as a resource person to other departments and their staff relating to general hospital procedures. * As assigned may carry out responsibility in assisting SR VP, VP Medical Director and VP in gathering, investigating, researching, analyzing and /or studying activities impacting hospital-wide or intra-inter departmental operations. * Prepares and maintains contact lists and administrative directories for the UnityPoint Clinic CR Region. * Composes letters, memoranda, agendas, records, reports, and other related material from general instruction or written copy. * Processes check requests, associate expense reports, payroll, OnBase invoicing, P-Card and general invoice processing as appropriate. * Supports and manages customer/patient/family complaints and inquiries in the absence of the Patient Advocate. * Assumes other responsibilities to meet the objectives of the Senior Vice President, Vice President, VP Medical Director and other members of the executive and leadership team as may be requested. * Establish and maintains SharePoint sites for UPC physician committees and UPH corporate COO committee. * Compiles material, venue location, attendance logs, documentation filing and resource contact for the CR Region All-Provider meetings. * Attends and contributing member of UPH SLH Activities, I-Care, and Staff Alignment. * Maintains, schedules and distributes all materials associated with the UPH SLH Service Anniversary and STLU (St. Luke's University) associate recognitions, * UPC liaison for clinical assistants and clinic office schedulers. * Supports office of the President /CEO in the absence of both the Executive Assistant to the CEO and the SR Administrative Assistant to the CFO.
* High School diploma or equivalent education/experience required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. * Previous experience supporting C-level executives preferred. * Experience and knowledge of computer systems essential. * Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Should be familiar with hospital departments and processes. * Successfully completes hospital-wide orientation, annual hospital competencies and department/unit specific competencies. * For the safety of our patients and co-workers, St. Luke's Hospital requires seasonal and job related vaccinations. This is reviewed regularly during periodic health assessments.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.