Job Title: Floral Manager FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Floral Revision Date: 03/2009
Sets the department standards for customer service, employee relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and overall profitability. Coordinates the delivery of the freshest and best quality product at a competitive retail price.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director; Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Managers of Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Assistant Managers;
Direct Reports: Department Employees
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork. Generates a friendly atmosphere by encouraging employees to greet and speak to customers; providing prompt, courteous, and efficient service to customers and sets a good example.
* Sets the department standards for customer service, employee relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and overall profitability.
* Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
* Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
* Assists customers by: (examples include)
* escorting them to the products they're looking for
* securing products that are out of reach
* loading or unloading heavy items
* making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
* performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
* Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking product orders.
* Recruits, hires, trains, supervises, disciplines, and evaluates all department employees.
* Understands and processes FTD, interstore, Teleflora orders, and Internet orders..
* Determines department goals with store director or manager of perishable.s.
* Determines weekly work schedule and establishes a daily work plan for the department.
* Inspects signage and displays for quality and quantity of merchandise and orders product for replenishment.
* Communicates with employees regarding sales and ideas.
* Handles and satisfies customer issues.
* Figures retail pricing and ensures correct pricing.
* Extends invoices, posts invoices, and oversees department bookkeeping procedures.
* Analyzes weekly and monthly sales and trends and compares to actuals, prepares ad projections, and writes ads.
* Conducts inventory of the department and controls inventory levels.
* Plans displays, promotions, and determines pre-orders.
* Ensures proper temperatures and storage procedures are maintained to guarantee freshness and control shrink of product.
* Understands and troubleshoots equipment and ensures maintenance is performed.
* Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
* Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
* Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensures pricing is competitive in the market area.
* Attends meetings and seminars and participates in continuing education.
* Fills displays and works in the sales area.
4. Unloads trucks, checks in delivered merchandise and places product in appropriate storage area.
* Performs departmental duties as needed.
* Assists in other areas of store as needed.
* Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Instructs, assigns, reviews and plans work of others. Maintains standards, coordinates activities, allocates personnel, acts on employee problems, and selects new employees. Has the authority to approve employee discipline. Has the authority to recommend employee transfer, discharge, and wage increases.
Education and Experience:
High School or over three years of related work experience preferred.
Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision.
Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
* Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
* Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
* Must have the ability to file, post, and mail materials; copy data from one record to another; interview to obtain basic information; guide people and provide basic direction.
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store environment. There is significant pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities. There is exposure to dirt, noise, dangerous chemicals/solvents, dampness and temperature extremes.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Telephone, fax, copier, intercom system, pallet jacks, trash compactor, cardboard compactor, box cutter, computer, calculator, cash register, ribbon shears, wire cutters, knives, helium tank, and manual chopper, Telexon ordering unit, C.A.R.S. reordering system.
Responsible for company assets, including equipment and merchandise.
Daily contact with customers, employees, suppliers/vendors, and the general public. Occasional contact with local, federal or state regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Has access to confidential information including, employee compensation, monthly results, quarterly inventory reports, sales and profit sheets, and warehouse pricing. Maintains confidentiality on orders placed (including, who sent, who received, order, and cost).
Associated topics: agent, direct, head, lead, leader, manager, specialist, strategist, supervise, supervisor