Become a CDL Instructor Today!
Take the next step in your career and help prepare the next generation of drivers to succeed on the road!
North American Driver Training Academy (NADTA) has an immediate opening for an Instructor to be located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Relocation assistance available.
Apply now or email ...@crst.com for details!
Job Summary: The CDL Instructor is responsible for conducting entry-level Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) road and yard training, to promote students successful job placement upon graduation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide hands-on instruction in the safe and professional operation of a commercial motor vehicle in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations
- Provide safety oversight throughout all training evaluations in accordance with course curriculum and company safety policy
- Master training requirements, compliance standards, and company policies to improve the processes and better facilitate training needs as directed by the NADTA Manager
- Provide management of students in a field training environments
- Coordinate the use of equipment resources and training range with other NADTA Instructors
- Ensure all NADTA training skills and criteria are assessed and scores are properly recorded for each individual
- Observe, mentor and make recommendations respective to individual training and developmental needs
- Evaluate students individually on their operational skills and assess their progress during each training evaluation according to course curriculum
- Counsel students as needed regarding skill issues and adherence to DOT and company regulations
- Train students in areas of weakness through constructive feedback and adult learning processes
- High School Diploma required
- 5 years (preferred) of training or teaching experience or combination of driving and training experience
- Preferred candidates will possess a valid CDL license
Associated topics: choferes clase a, company driving, company driving team, company otr, dedicated truck driving, flatbed driver, otr company, otr driving, regional driving route, regular home time