Category Manager - Lighting (Nationwide)**The location is flexible, but needs to be in close proximity to a major airport.About Us:
As one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States, Crescent Electric stocks a broad line of electrical, lighting, automation and datacomm products from coast to coast at over 150 locations.
Here, leaders inspire, build trust and empower employees to achieve their best. As a family owned business, Crescent offers a caring and supportive environment where employees are provided with the resources and support of a large company. At Crescent, you will have the opportunity to develop professionally, grow personally and the flexibility to balance your life's priorities.
Crescent is proud to offer their full-time team members competitive compensation packages and a first class benefits package, along with advancement opportunities. Some of our benefits include 401(k) Retirement Savings Plans with immediate vesting and company match, Paid Volunteer Time, Merchandise Discounts, Holiday and Vacation Pay, and Flexible Spending.
The Category Manager - Lighting is responsible for developing and implementing Crescent's lighting category strategy. This individual will analyze the existing processes, geographic footprint, and develop improved processes to our current lighting category. This individual is responsible for establishing and implementing the newly developed strategies for improved field performance. These strategies will be flexible to allow for Regional and District nuances. The Category Manager will work with the Executive Team to establish and maintain mutually-beneficial relationships with preferred category vendors. Focus will be on leveraging buying power for improved rebates/terms, SPA's, cost, and inventory requirements.
- Develop Crescent's overall lighting category strategy to support the needs of the branches and districts to compete with local and national competition.
- Establish, implement, and own the end to end lighting category strategy. This includes developing business plans that support the required physical, logistical, capital expenditures, and inventory needs.
- Develop a market by market comprehensive plan and implement that plan across the regions. Provide increased value to the existing organization via improved buying processes, selling strategies, enhanced rebates and improved inventory performance.
- Hold local teams accountable for improved lighting category performance by establishing and implementing performance criteria and quotas for sales, margin, and inventory performance.
- Work with Marketing Department to develop an overarching company lighting category branding position. Develop both internal and external communication plans to support and drive the business.
- Work with management on leveraging relationships and develop strategies with key agents to gain Crescent a competitive advantage.
- Optimize our rebate potential and inventory investment by negotiating advantageous cost and rebate programs with vendors.
- Negotiate into-stock price levels throughout a region and work to build stronger uniformity where possible.
- Negotiate and implement spot buys at below market levels.
- Coordinate and optimize vendor returns and assist in inventory planning.
- Work with Corporate pricing team to establish pricing strategies for specific categories.
- Secure above market SPA's for strategic national opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university.
- 5 to 10 years of lighting industry experience (purchasing, sales, or marketing) with an electrical background
- Experience with Eclipse operating system a plus.
Crescent is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Candidates are subject to reference checks, credit, criminal background and DMV checks, assessments, and a post-offer drug screen.EOE/M/F/Vets/Disability
Associated topics: account executive, booking, consultant, direct, expert, leader, monitor, oversee, sap, supervisor