Hiring a Full Time Activity Coordinator at NorthCrest Specialty Care in Waterloo! We are seeking a fun, energetic, person to join our team! Activity director certification is preferred but not a requirement.
Under general direction of the Administrator, the Activity Coordinator position develops, coordinates and maintains a program of activities designed to provide mental, physical and social stimulation to residents, based upon identified needs, interests, capabilities, and previous lifestyles and consistent with individual care plans. Assures compliance with federal and state regulations and established policy and procedure. Utilizes staff, family, volunteers and community resources. In the absence of a Social Services Coordinator on staff, also functions as Social Services Designee.
* Completion of State-approved Activities Director course; or, Bachelors' Degree in Therapeutic Recreation.
* Working knowledge of federal and state regulations governing long-term care.
* Demonstrated competence working with elderly in long-term care setting.
* High level of literacy in spoken and written English.
* Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
* Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately.
* Plan, schedule and implement a program of individual and group activities based on residents' interests, talents, previous lifestyle, and schedule. Communicate with other departments as necessary to ensure success.
* Develop and operate within a budget and spending plan for activities programs.
* Assess and complete the sections of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) assigned completely, timely and accurately.
* Use the resident assessment protocols (RAPs) to determine whether to proceed to care planning for concerns related to a resident's activity program needs.
* Gather data and document required ancillary assessments including but not limited to resident assessment protocol summary documentation.
* Identify and document in the resident's care plan, the activity outcomes, interests, needs, and concerns of the resident and adjust programs as needed.
* Document all interaction with resident and/or family in the assessment, care plan and progress notes as required by federal and state requirements.
* Participate as an active member of the interdisciplinary team and attend all resident care conferences.
* Plan and implement Reality Orientation programs when appropriate.
* Participate in nursing restorative and rehabilitative programs.
* Plan and conduct Residents' Council meetings.
* Plan and implement evening and weekend functions as necessary.
* Take part in in-service education programs, provide training regarding activities working with persons with cognitive impairments, etc.., and attend all in-service sessions relating to Activity Program.
* Recruit, train, schedule, recognize and supervise assistants and volunteers.
* Identify facility and community resources that can contribute to the activities program; plan and publish a monthly calendar of activities.
* Organize and schedule community events related to residents' interests.
* Supervise barber and beauty parlor activities.
* Plan, schedule and implement room visits and in-room activities for residents unable to leave their rooms.
* Plan, schedule and implement indoor and outdoor activity programs.
* Plan and conduct activity programs to assist residents return to the community.
Delegation of Authority
Authority is delegated to the individual in this position to:
* Interview and assess each resident's activity needs.
* Develop an activity program to meet each resident's needs.
* Determine the resources needed for each resident's activity needs and obtain approval to obtain necessary items from the Administrator.
Position reports to: Administrator
Position Supervises: Activity Staff and Volunteers (as applicable)
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.